Originally Brockway Centre, the name was first changed to the Village of Yale in 1889 and later incorporated as a City in 1905. With a population of 2,063 occupying approximately one square mile, it is surrounded by Brockway Township, a largely agricultural and farming community. The City of Yale supports a healthy commercial district, maintains it’s own water and sewer system and is the base for Yale Public School District with campuses in Yale, Avoca, and Emmett. Every year, over the last full weekend in July, thousands of visitors enjoy the food, fun and activities available at the community sponsored Bologna Festival hosted by the City of Yale and the Yale Area Chamber of Commerce.
MISSION STATEMENT: To create and maintain a community where living and working conditions promote family life by keeping the crime rate low, the streets and neighborhoods clean, the environment safe and the spirit high.